Like many things in life – the process of finding a community that will be a good fit takes time. Everyone’s situation is different and people have different priorities. The longer one waits to make a plan the more urgent the decision becomes and the more options become limited.
At Brazos Towers at Bayou Manor we encourage our visitors to start by making note of the things that are most important to them in their new home. Many times, just like with any new home, it’s all about location, location, location. There are, however, other things that are important in this search such as:
- Longevity of community
- Flexibility and availability of services
- Levels of care offered in the community
- Quality of care in the community
- Longevity of residents and staff
- Opportunities to meet current residents and executive staff
- Opportunity to review financial strength of community
- Waiting List flexibility and affordability
- Non-Profit vs. For-Profit communities
- Cost of services and how they may change as needs change
- Difference between a la carte and all inclusive services
- Active Wellness and Lifestyle
- Options and choices available to residents
Online searching is a great place to start, but you need to visit the communities you are considering in person. You will understand the differences between a “facility” and a “community” simply by walking through their front doors.
Brazos Towers at Bayou Manor understands that life transitions are big decisions, so we give you the information, tools and time you need to make an informed decision. If Brazos Towers at Bayou Manor does not meet your needs we are happy to help guide you in the right direction to finding the right place. As counselors we can share insights and knowledge from our years of experience that will help to streamline your search and help you to find your new home. With the assistance of our professional partners we help to guide you through the process one step at a time and in most cases the transition is complete within a few months. The key is to remain focused on the next step instead of the end goal – then it becomes less overwhelming.
People who have an interest in Brazos Towers at Bayou Manor can receive our brochure in the mail or schedule a time to visit us in person. Then they can see and feel what makes us different. Both processes for reserving a unit and joining our waiting list (Future Residency Program) are simple, straightforward and relatively risk free. Giving our future residents the luxury of time to digest the information they’ve gathered, review it with those they love, and come to a conclusion that suits them and the vision they have of their future.